Create a culturally sensitive promotional campaign with Participant Media for the Japanese launch of The Cove, an award-winning documentary on the controversial topic of dolphin hunting.
- Localized website to aid the film’s distribution and viewership in Japan
- Planned and managed campaigns on Japanese social media
- Developed a custom blog and created high traffic content
- Created Japanese localized PSA video
- Sellout screenings in Japan led to the film being picked up by 40% more theaters
- Inspired an open forum at Kyoto Cinema and a panel discussion in Tokyo
- Increased Twitter audience by 200% in 1 month
- 150% audience growth on Japan’s #1 social media platform
- Generated substantial coverage from mainstream Japanese media, including Fuji TV, Asahi Mainichi, Yomiuri Shinbun and Japan Times.
- 40% Japanese Localization
- 35%Content Creation
- 15%Social Media
- 10%Video Editing