We are looking for a team member with excellent UX design, research, and presentation skills for consultant work at our office in SF. As our company continues to evolve into a multi-functional marketing agency, we want to deep our creative visual design core and are looking for an individual who has a strong sense of creative leadership. You will be the leader of UX design for both our clients and btrax’s brand. This position will work closely with our CEO and Visual Design team. This is a great opportunity to leverage your experience to lead a team of creative workers or collaborate alongside our diverse team to build your portfolio.
What you’ll do:
- Executing design work consistent with btrax design and brand standards, analytics insight, customer feedback.
- Takes direction from senior team members to collaborate on the best ideas
- Leads design work on major programs doing some of the design yourself and providing oversight/direction to other designers on the program.
- Delivers design work on programs of any size with minimal oversight.
- Effectively negotiates trade-offs with project management and production staff (i.e. engineers).
- Communicate with internal teams and external contractors as well as clients for smooth project flow.
- Check for mistakes to ensure high-quality work to be delivered that satisfies client expectation.
- Do rapid design exploration and deliver the User Experience designs
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in user experience design and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
- Quickly iterate on multiple visual design explorations to arrive at a simple, but robust solution, accounting for complex requirements.
- Leverage existing UX patterns and style guides
- Support User Experience strategy and innovation
- Stay current on emerging UX and digital behavior trends, design innovations, and broader technological shifts, as well as identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs
- Collaborate on and present work to a range of stakeholders – executives, engineers, product managers, business leaders, researchers, other UX and visual designers.
In addition to these typical responsibilities, you may perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience creating interfaces, large-scale digital experiences, or applications.
- Passion to produce the best cross-cultural designs in the industry.
- Full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design and research to business problems.
- Successful track record leading interdisciplinary teams in creating great products, with proven skills in mentoring, presenting, client partnership and visual communication.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Illustrator or other tools for generating wireframes and specifications.
- Curiosity of a scientist, the passion of an artist, and the ability to inspire passion, dedication from others.
- Risk taking in design, pushing past the obvious, and making something you’re proud of.
It doesn’t hurt to have:
- Design, coding, or other skills that help you write and publish stellar articles.
- Experience working in an agency and/or with foreigners.
- An interest in design, technology, startups, and East Asian cultures.
- Running digital advertising campaigns such as AdWords, Facebook Ads, and Instagram Ads.
- Ability to explain the relevance of different design, innovation, and development processes.
- Permanent or long-term US work authorization; visa sponsorship is not provided.
Life at btrax:
How to Apply: